Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Welcome to Lasso the Moon




My name is Elizabeth and I am almost 17 years old. Lasso the Moon refers to a quote from It’s A Wonderful Life. George Bailey offered to lasso the moon for Mary; the moon representing her hopes and dreams and God-given desires.

Here I express my hopes, dreams, desires, aspirations, and my overall longing to reaching heavenward. I press on in Christ as he matures me into the woman He has ordained me to be before the foundation of the world.


My mom gave me a little book of proverbs and scriptures today. Here are a few I found very inspiring:

Reflect upon your present blessings – of which every man has many –
not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens

O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man
that trusteth in him.
Psalms 34:8

By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.
Proverbs 22:4

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned,
in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Philippians 4:11

Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
Proverbs 16:3

Faith is putting all your eggs in God’s basket, and counting your
blessings before they’ve hatched.
Unknown

You can make more friends in two months by becoming
interested in other people than you can in two years by trying
to get people interested in you.
Dale Carnegie

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of
thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth
forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a
corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Matthew 7:16-18

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man,
and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he
will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
Proverbs 9:8, 9

He who has not tasted bitter does not know what sweet is.
German Proverb

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were
only joy in the world.
Helen Keller

When a man has not a good reason for doing a thing, he has
one good reason for letting it alone.
Sir Walter Scott

No comments: